Monday, November 24, 2008

It is all a process

Character progression in WOTLK is a steping stone process for most of us. I am trying to make these initial steps to increasing my character's effectivness in 5 mans/heroics and eventually raids.

First, and most obvious is getting to the level cap.

Second, for most it is finishing off quests and especially those group quest that reward solid starting gear. I am probably half way finished with this.

Third, is the step I am primarily on at this time is levelling my crafting professions. I can obtain some very valuable gear via leatherworking, and make some good money with my alchemy profession. The downfall for me is I have to level my warrior in order to obtain the materials for my two production professions, or pay out the wazzou for them on the auction house. I will be levelling the warrior.

So, fortunately for me, Donk, my good RL buddy is in the same boat as I am. He has a mage that he will be levelling with me for pretty much most of the same reasons, although he could end up in a raid group with his mage due to the range dps shortage in our guild. Overall I expect this process to be pretty painless since most of the quests and zones are fresh on our minds from blasting balls to the wall to 80 on our mains.

Overall as far as the guild goes, I do see some dissatisfied people, which I think is somewhat natural as some people seem to individualize the levelling process while others make it a group affair. Hopefully, once the majority reaches 80 things will start to shake out and everyone gets at least some of their group goals met.

No comments: